Note from the owner: All of the links provided on this page (including linked images) take you directly to a retailer’s website where you can purchase the product. If you are interested in buying any products recommended on this site, please use the links provided here whenever possible, as a portion of your purchase will be donated to the site and used to keep it running! Thank you!
If you don’t own a NOOK you should. Having one has brought reading for fun back into my life and reduced stress in the process!
I got a NOOK for my birthday two years ago, and I immediately downloaded Volume I of The Complete Sherlock Holmes Collection. It had been about 4 years since I had read for leisure, and I decided it was time to start again, as I didn’t seem to have time for any other “hobbies.” Deciding to read something every night that was unrelated to school or work made a huge difference in my happiness and stress level. The new NOOK is cheaper than my old one was, plus it’s smaller and has more features. If you’re looking for a great gift (and you ARE allowed to give gifts to yourself), buy a NOOK and give the gift of a hobby & stress relief along with a really cool eReader!
More reasons why I think the NOOK is awesome:
- NOOKbooks (ebooks) are way cheaper than the paperback or hardback copy
- You can take the little thing with you everywhere and have your entire library!
- The charge lasts forever (mine around 2 weeks, the new one around a month)
- Upload your own files, music, pictures, backgrounds, screen savers, etc….
- Search for specific words or phrases in books
- Get definitions for words you don’t know through the built-in Merrium-Webster Dictionary
- Skip to chapters and pages just like in a paperback
CLICK HERE to buy the Barnes & Noble NOOK ($139) or NOOK Color ($249)
Visit the Supplements page to learn why you should take the four supplements listed below
Here’s the deal: You will notice that the first two recommended Fish Oil supplements are quite pricey, while the third is quite not. This is an illusion. If you calculate your recommended dosage of fish oil as recommended on the Supplements page (you can do so by visiting www.whole9life.com/fish-oil), it should be between 1 and 10 for the first two supplements. When I calculated my daily dosage for the third, it came out at 45. You do the math, the choice is yours.
#1) Vital Nutrients Brand: Ultra Pure Fish Oil Liquid (4.55 grams)
This liquid fish oil is our #1 recommended Omega-3 Fats supplement for a couple of reasons:
- high concentration of EPA-DHA (2002mg/637mg) reduces the amount of supplement that is required to meet the daily recommended dosage
- swallowing liquid is a lot easier than swallowing a handful of capsules
- this is a MOLECULARLY DISTILLED, PHARMACEUTICAL GRADE fish oil supplement- it’s as clean as you can get.
- Requires refrigeration after opening (not necessarily a perk, but it tastes better cold anyways)
CLICK HERE to purchase it (selling for $51.70)
#2) Vital Nutrients Brand: Ultra Pure Fish Oil (60 Capsules)
- 360mg/240mg EPA-DHA content
- triple molecular distilled, pharmaceutical grade fish oil (the cleanest you can get)
- this is the same fish oil as the liquid supplement above BUT LESS CONCENTRATED, so you have to take more capsules to get the same benefits
#3) Carlson Labs: Super Omega-3 Gems Fish Oil (50 Capsules)
These fish oil soft gels are lesser grade than the Vital Nutrients options above, but have the best concentration I can seem to find for a lower grade option(1000mg/capsule).
- 330mg/220mg EPA-DHA content
CLICK HERE to purchase Carlson Labs Omega-3 Fish Oil Gems, $8.00
#1) PhysioLogics: Vitamin D3 (100 Capsules)
- 2,000 IU/capsule
- minimum recommended supplemental amount of Vitamin D (by Loren Cordain and Robb Wolf) is 2,000 IU. How convenient!
CLICK HERE to purchase PhysioLogics Vitamin D Capsules, $19.50
#2) PhysioLogics: Vitamin D3 Liquid (2oz.)
- 5,000 IU per 2 teaspoons
- Dropper for convenience (awesome feature)
- high concentration good for those who haven’t seen the Sun in a while
CLICK HERE to purchase PhysioLogics Vitamin D3 Liquid, $10.70
#3) THORNE: D-1000 (90 Capsules)
- 1, 000 IU
- this lower concentration is good for people with Hyperparathyroid disease (recommended dose = 1,000 IU/day)
CLICK HERE to purchase THORNE D-1000 Capsules, $9.00
#1) PhysioLogics: Betaine HCL (90 Capsules)
- vegetarian tablets
- 400mg concentration is relatively low for Betaine supplements- this is GOOD because it allows people with weaker stomachs to start low and work their way up to tolerance
CLICK HERE to purchase PhysioLogics Betaine HCL, $9.00
#2) THORNE: Betaine HCL (225 Capsules)
- 520mg vegetarian tablets
- lactose free Pepsin added (another digestive enzyme)
CLICK HERE to purchase THORNE Betaine HCL, $24.10
#1) Kirkman: Magnesium Citrate Soluble Powder
- This magnesium supplement is listed as #1 over the ARG simply because it is in powder form
- easy to take, dissolve in water
CLICK HERE to purchase Kirkman Magnesium Citrate Soluble Powder, $19.12
#1) Allergy Research Group: Magnesium Citrate (90 Capsules)
- 170mg tablets
- Very trusted brand (ARG is one of the brands that is always available at the store in the Environmental Health Center-Dallas)
- this relatively low concentration allows for most flexible usage
- For example, 1 in AM, 1 at NOON, 1 with DINNER, 1 at BED = 800mg, but spread throughout the day
CLICK HERE to purchase Allergy Research Group Magnesium Citrate Capsules, $12.95
#3) PhysioLogics: Magesium Citrate (120 Capsules)
- 400mg concentration
- it’s a nice round concentration number, but only if you have pretty high bowel tolerance and can take 400mg at once.
CLICK HERE to purchase PhysioLogics Magnesium Citrate Capsules, $14.90
VOLCANO Electronic Cigarettes: you get your nicotine but not the chemicals and tar
The advertisement says it best. If you’re a smoker, and aren’t considering or can’t quit yet, you can at least cut out most of the harmful ingredients in cigarettes by switching to electric cigarettes. We have seen the Volcano starter packs used first hand, by a smoker who went through a pack a day. He was so excited to have tasty flavored cigarettes, get his nicotine, and be able to smoke inside! You charge the pack overnight, and then the pack keeps your electric cigarette charged all day while you use it. Once you have used up a “filter” containing the flavor and nicotine, you simply unscrew it and replace it with a new filter of your choice out of your “pack.” They’re really quite cool, and without question a huge step up from cigarettes. Although smoking is not at all recommended or endorsed here at PrimalHealthyFit.com, if you can’t quit, at least switch.
CLICK HERE to view the various starter pack options